Home Club News Events Articles Iron Forums Links Iron Gear Shop


Electronic  Flasher

To upgrade your old resistance flasher to a new electronic unit.

At your local auto parts store ask for an electronic two post turn signal flasher for a GM product. Then remove the old Ural flasher and carefully remove the mounting bracket from the old flasher. Then using a dab of shoe goo attach the new flasher to the bracket and remount it. You will have to replace the eyelet lugs on the wires with female 1/4" spade type lugs. Hook it up and it should work, switch leads and see if it works better one way than the other, as there is no + or - on the equipment and the wires are both white. The electronic flasher will work at a constant rate of speed no matter what the motors speed.

Sidney Pollard


Back to Articles